“Don’t construct toilets, but manufacture toilets”
– With this as our motto, we at WATSAN came up with a solution to encounter the hygiene issues caused due to the lack of sanitation. We launched modular toilets,
that needn’t be built but can be set up easily.
As shown in a recently held National seminar for toilets, 70 Crore Indian citizens defecate in open
air. If we consider that a family of 4 needs a toilet, for providing at least 1 % of that volume into reality, we should target making 1.750 Crore toilets. By conventional means, using brick mortar technique with manual masonry, it is highly impossible to provide every household with a toilet, given the cost and manual labour that goes into constructing a toilet. Instead, we considered supplying the village with the super structure and bottom assembled modular monolithic toilets.
Watsan recently received the National Award from the Minister of Petrochemicals and Fertilizers, for innovating and piloting the manufacturing of ready-to-fit toilets using discarded landfills from the Fiber Glass Industry. The use of modular toilets also creates self-employment within the villages and imposes confidence in their minds that they have a corporate social responsibility to put into action.
Advantages over the traditional toilet types
- Less time consumption for completion than the conventional Reinforced Cement Concrete (RCC) toilets (the work gets done in 2 days whereas conventional toilet in RCC takes at least 15 days)
- Fibre Reinforced Plastic (FRP) toilets and Roto-moulded cubicles made in High Density Poly Ethylene (HDPE) that are available in the market do not address the problem of green house effect, as they have single walled structure
- The huge supply demand gap of 17.5 Crore toilets ( 10% of the total need) has been bridged
- Cost effective than the conventional RCC
- Non-corrosive and lighter in weight
- Cannot be robbed and sold for the benefit of scrap selling, as FRP does not have scrap value
- The design has minimal joints so that the structure looks neat, elegant and monolithic
- Monolithic Design
- Easy Installation
- Quality with Affordability